How many times do you consciously take slow and expansive breaths that involve your diaphragm and rib expansion? Such a simple act has such a profound and systemic impact on the entire phyisology of the body even if only done 20 minutes a day. The key is employing a daily practice so it tones the nervous system like building a muscle. There will be several blog entries dedicated to this reminder of mindfulness through breath and meditation. Along with mantra practice to further tone the vagus nerve and deepen ones sense of groundedness when life gets inevitably more chaotic.
Here are some great resources for toning ones vagus nerve and the importance of a daily practice in one or more of these methods.
- An article by Joe Cohen on 32 scientific ways to tone the vagus nerve
- Our friends at Bulletproof also have a great article on toning of the vagus nerve
Brandon A. Trean BCTMB, HHP, NC
Boise Massage Therapist & Nutritionist
* Slow-Paced Myofascial Release
* Slow-Paced Therapeutic Massage
* Slow-Release Trigger Point Therapy
* Manual Lymph Drainage
* Self-Care Self-Myofascial Release Education
* Microbiome Restoration & Gut Regeneration
* Simplified Nutritional Coaching
* Functional Ancestral Diets
* CBD Transdermal/Oral Compounds
Author Bite-Sized History
He has spent 28 days in Russia traveling throughout Moscow, St. Petersburg and Sergiyev Posad enjoying the food and taking in the incredible architecture around. He also almost got arrested for meditating in a church in Moscow.